Just what summer called for! The best summer fruit – cherries – mixed with the thirst-quencher of summer… lemonade. And you’ll have a tall, refreshing “summer in a glass.”
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup Chelan Fresh cherries
- 1/2-1 cup lemonade syrup (recipe below)
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 cups fresh water
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sweetener (turbinado sugar)
- zest and juice of 4 lemons
- To make lemonade syrup, in a small saucepan, bring water and sweetener to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice. Let syrup set for 30 minutes to soak up all of the lemon flavor. Strain syrup and refrigerate.
- In a medium pitcher, add sliced lemons, fresh or frozen cherries, cherry juice, sparkling water, fresh water, and lemon syrup. Stir together. Pour into glasses over ice and add a sprig of mint!