This Cheesecake uses raw cherries straight from Lake Chelan and topped off with a Dark Chocolate Ganache. YUM!
Yield: 1 – 9” cake
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 1 ¼ cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups fresh cherries, pitted
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup agave
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- To make the crust – process almonds and dates in food processor until finely chopped. Press mixture into the base of a 9” spring form pan.
- To make the filling – add all filling ingredients to food processor or blender (whatever is the most powerful) and blend until smooth. Pour filling over crust and freeze several hours until firm.
- To make the Ganache – heat chocolate and coconut cream over a double boiler until completely melted and smooth. Pour over filling and continue to freeze until completely firm.