“This American Icon fruit must be included during your summer holiday celebrations. This is why I am so excited to share with you my delicious summer recipe that is perfect for a holiday. I will be making Cherry Chopped Salad with Cherry Vinaigrette.”
Recipe by: Manuel Villacorta, MS, RD
Chopped Cherry Salad
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD
- 1 cup of Chelan Fresh cherries, seeded, halves
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 celery stocks sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomato sliced
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup walnut pieces
INGREDIENTS FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 cup Chelan Fresh cherries, seeded, sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white Modena vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor or blender and blend well.
- Set aside. In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad and mix well.
- Add the Cherry Vinaigrette and dress well.