Chocolate covered cherries are a familiar treat, but we are elevating them by stuffing them with goat cheese & honey chèvre. The savory elements of the chèvre make the tart aspects of the cherries pop while the chocolate mellows the two flavors down, creating a mouthwatering trifecta of deliciousness. Though the flavor combination tastes complicated, the recipe is as easy as can be!
- 1 dozen Sweet Red Cherries
- 1-4oz package of Honey Chèvre (room temperature)
- 1-8oz container of milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1-8oz container of white chocolate melting wafers
- Pit your sweet cherries on the side to leave the stem attached to the fruit. Take your room temperature Chèvre and place it into a piping bag with a cherry pit size round tip. Fill the cavity of each pitted cherry with the Chèvre and smooth out with the tip of your finger.
- Melt your milk chocolate according to the package directions. Dip the stuffed cherry in milk chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Set aside to cool/solidify.
- When the milk chocolate has solidified, transfer the cherries to a cooling rack or oven rack, and melt the white chocolate according to the package directions. Add the melted white chocolate to a condiment bottle and in a back-and-forth motion, drizzle over each cherry.
- Set the completed cherries on the rack in the fridge until you are ready to serve them! Enjoy.