Add Fresh cherries from Chelan Fresh to any dessert and add the taste of Lake Chelan. Try them out in this meringue recipe!
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 – 3″ to 4″ meringue – homemade or store bought – crumbled
- 1 ½ cup cherries – chopped
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, heat cherries with agave and splash of water and simmer over low heat until cherries are soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl whip cream.
- To assemble, add a spoonful of whipped cream to the bottom of a glass or dessert bowl, top with spoonful of cherry mixture, followed by a layer of crumbled meringue. Continue to layer each glass until you reach the top of the glass/bowl. Top with extra cherries if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.