Recipe by Parker Wallace www.ParkersPlate.com
Washington Cherries are in season right now and they are the sweetest, most iconic summer fruit! They’re also incredibly versatile, whether you soak them in bourbon, fold them into salsa, or make them the star of a decadent dessert recipe! I partnered with Chelan Fresh Cherries to create this creamy, dreamy ice cream that literally only has 6 ingredients. Unlike the maraschino cherries topped onto my Colossal sundae, these fresh Washington cherries are a nutrition powerhouse. They have 3 grams of fiber in every serving as well as Vitamin C, potassium, B vitamins, magnesium and copper.
The hardest part is waiting for the ice cream to freeze, y’all. Seriously, it’s simply whipping together some heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, cherry juice, cherries, chocolate (I used 2 bars of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Cherry Tango) and lightly salted almonds. DONE!
- 2 cups heavy cream (whipped into stiff peaks)
- 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Fresh cherry juice
- 2 cups Washington cherries (pitted and halved)
- 6oz dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup lightly salted almonds (roughly chopped)
- Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks.
- Whisk the vanilla and sweetened condensed milk together and then fold into the cream
- Add cherry juice, cherries, chocolate and almonds until combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours.