These cherry cheesecake swirl brownies are a crowd pleaser. Show up at any party with a tray of these beauties and you’re sure to make a splash. Don’t let the fancy swirls fool you – these cherry-filled brownies are very easy to make.
Don’t forget to grab one for yourself… they have a habit of vanishing the minute they reach the table!
YIELD: 16 brownies
- 1 scant cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet red cherries, pitted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a rectangular 11 x 7 inch pan and line with parchment paper.
- Put butter, chocolate, brown sugar and white sugar in a large sauce pan and heat over medium low, stirring constantly, until everything has melted together. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs into brownie batter.
- Sift flour and baking powder together before adding to the batter. Stir until completely combined. Batter should be smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking tin. Grab sides of tin and shake a little to evenly distribute.
- To make the cheesecake swirl, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Drop spoonfuls of the swirl mix evenly across the top of the batter. Delicately drag a sharp knife across swirl mix and batter to create the “swirls”.
- Sprinkle cherries evenly across the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the sides are baked but the middle is just set.
- Remove from oven and let brownies cool completely in the tin before slicing into squares.
Want a more even distribution of cherries? Try chopping them in half before sprinkling over top of the brownie batter.