Summer is here and we’re ready to beat the heat with our light sparkling cherry and peach sangria! There’s nothing more refreshing than a little rosé, fresh seasonal fruit, a touch of bubbles and a sprinkle of mint.
Our fun and cheerful drink is simple to make and is sure to wow the crowd at your next backyard barbecue.
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love our cherry gin and tonic and cherry basil hibiscus iced tea!
Recipe Development and Photography: Williams-Raines
YIELD: 6 servings
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Rosé wine
- 1/3 cup brandy, cherry or peach flavored if available
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash of citrus bitters (optional)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 ripe peaches or nectarines, sliced thin
- 1 lime, sliced crosswise into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced crosswise into rounds
- Large handful of fresh mint springs
- 1 cup of cherry or citrus flavored sparkling water or tonic water
- Combine wine, brandy, sugar and bitters (if using) in a large pitcher and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add sliced cherries, peaches, lime, orange and mint sprigs. (TIP: set aside a few pieces of each fruit to garnish the glasses before serving)
- Mix in sparkling water and ice just before serving. Enjoy!