Go ahead and splurge on cherries for amazing flavor—and health bonuses.
The 2019 cherry season continues to create excitement and opportunities for promotion of Washington Sweet and Rainier cherries. According to Marketing Director Mac Riggan, “While August will provide some smaller promotable volumes of Dark Sweet cherries, retailers would be well advised to focus their largest promotional activity on July volumes to capture dollars lost on the short California crop and the now compressing Washington crop.” “Club varieties like Orondo Ruby® and the Wild Sweet cherry are only available in late June through early July so capture the additional ‘wow!’ factor while these unique, but limited volume cherries last.” “Post 4th of July ad promotion will allow retailers the best opportunities to create large displays of Washington cherries to entice consumers” says Riggan. This timing bodes well as our orchards will see some peak production during this time with big, dark, beautiful Sweet Cherries.”
These aircraft machines are an important aspect in the cherry industry because they act as a type of insurance....
Watch feature films that highlight how Chelan Fresh offers Washington's Finest Mountain Grown Cherries all season long.
1. Purchase extra quantities of your favorite cherry
2. Rinse cherries and lay flat on paper towels to dry
3. Remove the pits now or just leave the pits in and plan to pit the cherries when they thaw
4. Gently fold into a freezer bag or freezer proof container
5. Thaw the cherries out as needed. They make a great semi-frozen treat, use frozen, pitted cherries in smoothies or thaw for your favorite recipe.
6. Freeze large quantities so you can enjoy cherries all year long!
Chelan Fresh offers a wide range of convenient, retailer-friendly packaging options.